Monday, January 17, 2011

A DOGGIE TREASURE

During the day, when I am home with D & D, I will occasionally give them special nuggets of nutrients. I generally encourage them to earn the nuggets by doing special "tricks" for me. They grab their treat after their unique performance and are off and running.

Scott did yard work with them the other day and those two really enjoyed the adventure. They sniff, dig, mark territory, run, jump, bark, chase, pull up roots, roll in disgusting trash and wear themselves ragged. I was observing these behaviors when Dakota jumped up in the flower pot (just dirt at this time of year) and started digging. She was moving fast and furious. Something had caught her attention and she was going to find it.

Suddenly she leaped onto the ground with what appeared to be some sort of stick. She came towards the window, Diesel in tow, to present her treasure to me. I didn't like the look of that thing . . . it was definately not a stick. It was stringy, a bit gummy, grey in color and I am sure it did not smell pleasant.

I gave a holler to Scott so that he could take a look and perhaps steal it from her. He walked up and wouldn't even touch it. It smelled like nothing he could identify nor did he want to try. He grabbed a shovel, nabbed it from the duo and went straight to the trash.

As far as we could tell it looked to be string cheese that had been buried for several weeks. Perfect for little dogs who like to hide treasures and discover them later.

Another day in Roderick world.

No comments:

Post a Comment