Thursday, August 30, 2012

A BROCCOLI TALE

You know me. I always try to eat my green veggies. Broccoli is not my favorite, but it is green and I do make an effort to digest a few florets once in a while. Shae, on the other hand, eats a lot of green stuff which is why this story is, or perhaps isn't, so shocking.

We were on the road to Eugene to return that little blond to college and were enjoying lunch together at a quaint little restaurant. Shae, being herself, ordered everything healthy. I, on the other hand, did not and Shae offered to share her plate with me. I reluctantly accepted and grabbed some broccoli from her serving.

As I ate I told Shae that it bothered me that the establishment served mostly the stalks and very little of the florets. "Mom", she said, "I ate the tops off the broccoli." Eww.

I kept on eating. I need all the nutrients I can get. I am a Roderick.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, u hv a lovely blog n i want to invite u to visit my biblical blog www.true-shapherd.blogspot.com regards, james.

    ReplyDelete