Friday, August 3, 2012

US OPEN OF SURFING

What a marvelous morning I had today. I walked with my bff's and while they continued onto the pier (I stopped early because sometimes my hip and knee ache) I had an iced coffee at Starbucks.

I sat down outside and just people watched. Nothing is more fun than to view people enjoying the US Open . . . nothing. It was crazy busy, fascinating and frightening, interesting and intriguing and just plain exciting. All sorts of people, all sorts of nationalities, all sorts of sizes and all sorts of ages. Some loud, some quiet, some with dogs, some with babies, some on bikes, some on skateboards, some with shoes, some without, some in scandalous swim suits, some covered modestly. I saw it all and loved every minute.

Now . . . when is this all over so we can get back to normal. Roderick normal, whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment