Thursday, November 1, 2012

GROCERIES

You just never know what may happen at the grocery store on Halloween.  As I found out the extremely hard and painful way.

I had just loaded up the car with fresh veggies, dairy and a few sundry items and was jumping in the driver's seat.  I was fumbling with the seat belt and glanced out the car window to see Donald Duck walk right in my path of eyesight.  I was distracted.  I was not focused on what I was doing.  I love Disney characters.

I neglected to notice my hand propped up on the car door.  Let me paint this picture.

I was sitting in the driver's seat.  My left hand was on top of the car door.  I reached over with my right hand and closed the door, tried to close the door, with my left hand in it.  Yep, crushed my own hand while gawking at Donald.  Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bruised, swollen and tender but not broken.  Thus, the blog you are reading.

Such a Roderick thing to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment