Friday, November 9, 2012

INTERVIEW

Shae has been searching for a part time job since arriving in Eugene 3 months ago, to no avail.  She's completed a bunch of applications, has had several interviews and has been disappointed again and again.  She can't seem to catch a break.  Until this one that looked interesting . . .

I got a phone call several days ago from Shae who was sounding very excited.  She was applying for  a file clerk position in a medical office that had contacted her for an interview.  This was a great opportunity because of all the experience she gained last summer interning at UBS.  She was confident that this was the job.

I am praying for her at the time of her interview, asking for doors to be opened.  The call came soon after.  Shae explains to me that she thinks she may be to conservative for this particular clinic.  "Mom it is a medical opium and marijuana office.  The doctor asked if I could be open minded and nonjudgemental.  I didn't know how to answer that question."

It didn't matter much because she wasn't offered the job.  But I did get a good laugh.

Roderick prayers are answered in hilarious ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment