Thursday, October 28, 2010

BREAK IN

I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night. That's just how it is at the Roderick house. Kids coming in at various times, noises in the neighborhood, doggies need to go out. Just another night.

This night was odd however. I thought I heard someone down stairs rattling around in the kitchen. I run the list through my head. Hope's in bed. Shae's in bed. Addison's in bed. I know I heard them all come home, say good night and retire to their various rooms. What is going on?

As I tip-toed down the stairs I heard music. Huh, burgulars now listen to music when commiting a criminal act. I guess times they are a changin' just like Bob Dylan said.

As I continued my journey down the stairs, I noticed bright lights were on in the kitchen and the dogs were not barking. This is just weird I thought. D & D would be barking their little heads off if someone they didn't know came into the kitchen. They bark when someone closes a car door.

I peeped around the corner into the kitchen and there by the oven and singing along with her ipod is Shae Elizabeth Roderick baking cookies. "What are you doing baking cookies at 1:30 in the morning" I asked.

Her reply. "I just felt like it".

Will wonders never cease?

No comments:

Post a Comment