Sunday, October 17, 2010

IT'S A 50'S THING: #12

Hair Clippers. We thought we bought them the last time we went to Costco. Didn't we? We looked everywhere. Bathrooms, bedrooms, kitchen, garage. We couldn't locate them. Scott finally decided that we intended to buy them but we didn't for whatever reason.

So, he didn't get a haircut that week.

Next shopping trip to Costco we bought clippers. As we unloaded the car, we grabbed the hair clippers and set them on the island in the kitchen. I got busy doing this and that and didn't get them put away before dinner.

Addison and her friend Mike came in and sat down at the table. Mike walked over to the sink and all of a sudden everything went silent. Mike got Addison's attention and pointed to the clippers. The next thing I know, Addison is calling my name and asking me why I bought clippers. "Dad and I couldn't find the ones we thought we bought a while ago, so we bought those at Costco today" I replied. By this time I was back in the kitchen and Addison starts laughing. "Mom, I took the other clippers to Mike's house to cut his hair. I just haven't brought them back yet."

Are you kidding me? We thought we had lost our minds. Daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment