Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NOTE TO SELF

As many of you know I am an avid knitter. Love it. I go everywhere with my needles, yarn and projects of many shapes and sizes. I was not, however, prepared for the challenges of knitting with hunting dogs.

Gersey is the cutest little beagle you have ever seen and Fresca is about the most laid back lab I have ever encountered. Until I brought out my knitting.

I am used to flopping down in a chair with my bag on the floor next to me and knitting away the hours. I get up here and there to do a chore or two and go back and pick up where I left off, no worries.

This happens at my house, no issues at all.

Apparently it does not happen at the Pearson abode.

I got up to go chat with Scott and Marybeth in the kitchen, leaving my knitting unattended. That's when she struck. She grabbed a skein of wool yarn (wool comes from sheep that have a very interesting scent to a beagle I discovered) and took off lickety split, sprinting through the house.

Marybeth took off after her and Gersey decided game on. Scott took off after Marybeth trying to head Gersey off while Fresca just enjoyed romping around everyone else. My yarn was quickly spider webbing the first floor of the house. During all of this chaos, the sounds were facinating. Barking, name calling, laughing. Marybeth finally retrieved my yarn, much to Gersey and Fresca's dismay. No damage incurred while playing the "game".

Every once in a while I caught Gersey eyeing my yarn and contemplating making another move on it . . . don't even think about it girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment