Tuesday, October 11, 2011

KNIT, KNIT, KNIT

It is the time of year when I just go crazy knitting. Every spare moment is spent with needles clicking, yarn unwinding and a dazzling piece of art developing. I love the smell of the wool as it rustles through my fingers. I love watching the pattern come alive. I love having our little dogs right there beside me guarding my every move.

Today was no different as they took up their respected positions on the living room lounge chair with me. They both lay so close to me that sometimes Diesel's fur gets tangled in the yarn and he becomes part of a stitch. It was peaceful, quiet and relaxed.

Then I heard it. The rumble that comes with a SoCal earthquake. But it happened to quick, not an earthquake. I realized that one of my pooches had just broke wind. No, that wasn't it. Wait. What?

Dakota was snoring like a sailor too long at sea. This 17 pound mutt sounded like an 18 wheeler crashing through the house. This tiny little female hound was making a sound that rattled the windows.

So much for quiet at the Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment