Wednesday, November 16, 2011

HEART

I spoke today at Chapel at HCS, which is one of my most favorite things to do ever. K-2nd graders anxious to hear about Jesus is such a facinating phenomonom. Being close to Thanksgiving, I spoke about being thankful, of course.

I shared with the kids about myself and one of the many things I'm thankful for. I had closed heart surgery when I was twelve and I shared the entire event with wide-eyed munchkins who didn't make a sound. They were so into the story. It was great. I love it when you can hear a pin drop in a room of about 150 kids.

As departing children do, they always wave and say their good bys to me and I return the gesture. Today, Caleb, one of the best kids ever, cornerd me and said "Miss Cindy, Miss Cindy, my grandma had her heart taken out too." "She did" I replied, "How is she?" "She's doing great," he said with a huge smile

Gotta love the simple mind of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment