Sunday, November 13, 2011

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

At our last worship hour this weekend in the Treehouse we had very few children so I was able to focus in on them as ordinarily I can not. Two little girls and a little boy were having an encounter that went something like this:

Boy: "I think you go to my school."
Girl: She tilts her head and looks at him with dazzling brown eyes and an ever so soft smile. She is working her charms at the ripe old age of 5 without saying a word.
Boy: "You are beautiful."
Girl: She flips hair and gazes again with those eyes and giggles with her girlfriend sitting next to her. Her eyelashes flutter and she has captured the little boys heart without one verbal exchange.
Boy: It is apparent that this little guy is smitten as he follows his new friend to every activity that hour.

As parents are picking up the kids I hear the little boy say "It was nice to meet you. I'll see you next week." This charming little girl smiles once more, flips her hair and waves her farewell.

The wiles of a girl start from the moment they take their first breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment