Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SCARF

While on our girlsfriends cruise this past weekend I wore one of the many scarves I have knitted. As I was browsing and shopping, a little gal came up to me and asked where I had gotten the scarf. She loved it. I quickly explained to her that I had knitted it myself. She smiled, told me it was gorgeous and then walked away with a disappointed swagger.

Phyl said "You should give her that scarf." My bff was right and I found the gal and her posse' and gave her the scarf saying I could make another one with no worries. The woman was so excited that she immediately wanted to have a picture of me to go with her scarf. She was so grateful and happy to have the unexpected gift.

Another lady was watching the whole scene play out and she looked me straight in the eye and said "that was the nicest thing I have ever seen anyone do."

Wow. You just never know how your actions are going to play out in the world that God has created. I am so thankful that I have friends who keep me on my toes and have my best interests at heart.

By the way, Phyl gave away something of hers on the trip to . . . a make-up bag that another friend was coveting.

Gotta love girlfriends weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment