Monday, June 18, 2012

A LOVELY LUNCH

Last week I was invited to my friend Phyllis' home for a delightful brunch celebrating one year in Women's Ministries at our church. As we all arrived, ready to enjoy the culinary delights she had prepared, I inquired about the timing of the dreaded street cleaner. She assured us that her husband had heard the monstrous truck go by earlier that morning so we continued to frolic in each other's company and the tasty tidbits provided.

Unexpectedly there was an urgent knock at the door and I proceeded to answer. I was met with a gentleman whose wild eyes spoke volumes. "The street cleaner is coming" I heard as I bolted out with many followers. We dashed to our cars to no avail. The peace officer was scribbling our license numbers down as we pulled away thinking we had escaped the unnerving parking ticket. Whew. That was a close one.

The next day in the mail I received a parking ticket which said "Driver ignored me and sped away". My wallet is $43.00 lighter.

I have to say a more expensive lunch was never had by me. Ah well, I am Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment