Monday, June 18, 2012

THAT NUTTY DOG

Our Diesel is not the smartest tool in the shed, however, he does have his moments. That being said I will share a story of intrigue and suspense.

Every so often I give the dogs a bully to chew on until their hearts are content (a bully is usually a cow tendon. I know it sounds awful but they love them). Dakota grabs hers and heads for a rug where she will gnaw and chew for hours. Diesel, on the other hand, loves to savory the moment and enjoy his in a more timely manner.

I continued doing my morning chores when I noticed Diesel in the fireplace . . . that's right, in the fireplace. We have a burning glass fixture and his body was immersed in it burying his bully. He messed the whole thing up and I was more than a little put out.

I went over, pulled him out and started my own excavation searching for the bully. Diesel is eyeing me nervously while still sensing where Dakota is located (she has been known to snake a bully or two from him). I didn't discover said bully and tried to replace all the cut glass pieces while D. is still observing my every move. He has now taken it upon himself to "guard" the fireplace. Dakota goes near it and his growl is on full throttle. It is a stand off.

I grow tired of the game and continue my chores paying no attention to the dogs. As I emerge from the garage I notice Diesel laying on the rug . . . chewing on his bully. I glance at the fireplace and it is once again a mess.

That dog is going to send my to crazy town. I can only imagine what else lurks in the depths of our glass fireplace.

He's definitely a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment