Sunday, August 30, 2009

A PURSE LEFT BEHIND

We just got back from a soccer game. A great one, LA Galaxy vs. Chivas USA. The Galaxy pulled out a 1-0 victory due to a fabulous goal from none other than David Beckham. I love Galaxy games. But one time, I remember, to experience the game was not the only thing on my mind.

Our seats were great and it was just Scott and I attending a US National Women's friendly game with Costa Rica. I had just got a new Coach wallet and was so excited. I tucked my purse under the seat and enjoyed the game. We went home, went to bed, got up the next morning to find my wallet was not in my purse. I was certain it had been stolen. I called the Home Depot Center right away and what do you know. It had been turned in to the office and I could pick it up. I was so happy, more so when I had found that nothing was missing.

We Roderick girls tend to lose things now and again. Kelsey lost her purse at the St. Simon and Jude's Fall Festival one year. She asked me to drive her over the next day to see if they had found it. She went into the school office and asked if any missing items had been turned in. She was told that it would be in the parish office if it had been located. She came back to the car with a scowl on her face. "What's wrong, didn't they find it" I asked almost certain that the answer was a resounding no. She said in a very serious tone, "No Mom I don't think they did. They told me to go to the parish office. I don't understand, I just lost my purse and they are sending me to the office concerning death."

Ahhh, we Roderick women are so blonde sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment