Saturday, August 22, 2009

SICK

This morning was very crazy . . . had to get up to take Scott to a soccer field at 7:30a . . . the Roderick family has one car for 3 drivers . . . ok, I know, but we're Roderick's, it's what we do.

Anyway, I came home and did some picking up and was getting ready to go to the office when the dogs started barking . . . someone at the door.

It's Addison, who's home from her work very early. She comes in and is a pale green . . . not kidding . . . and heads for her room. Minutes, no seconds later she is heaving in the girls bathroom . . . we label our bathrooms, girls, guest, master . . . again, Roderick.

I bring her a towel and go grab the Lysol spray. No fever . . . no aches . . . bad sushi . . . maybe. I get her all tucked into bed with a bucket and hot tea.

I make my regular stop at Starbucks, love a venti skinny vanilla latte in the morning and head on into work. I am here, maybe 5 minutes and my cell rings . . . Shae.

"Where are you?" At work Shae, Saturday, remember. She responds, "Where is everyone, the house is so quiet?

OK . . . Dad's at the soccer field all day . . . Hope and Drew are sleeping in the guest room . . . Addison is sick in her room . . . gave dogs a dose of benadryl and they are in their kennel . . . Kelsey is in Seattle and you are in your room calling me.

I love being a Roderick . . . seriously!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't know how you keep up with all of it. I'm tired just reading it!

    ReplyDelete