Monday, August 31, 2009

OXFORD

It was a dark and dreary night . . . so intriguing, yes?

We were at Kelsey's house in Oxford, England getting ready to catch the bus for London town. Suitcases in tow, we were walking out the front door embarking on yet another Roderick adventure. Streets in England are very rough and unlit so you have to adjust you eyes to the lack of light and watch where you step very carefully, especially on a night like this. Very damp and oh so erie.

Oh my goodness . . . I have neglected a crucial part of my story.

I had arranged with one of Kelsey's housemates to hide in the trees along our route to the bus stop. He had a long black cloak, very similar to those worn in the "Harry Potter" movies or perhaps it was more like and Jedi Knights cape. No matter, it was perfect for what I had in my fiendish mind. He would lurk along the road watching us and at the critical moment jump out in front of the girls. I had thought out my plan well and anticipated it working perfectly.

The girls are chattering and very excited about, of course, shopping in London, and were paying no attention to their surroundings. My intensity level rose as I watched Luke do his lurking. My plan was playing out perfectly. A sudden crash through the trees and there he and his cloak were, in all there enormous glory.

Kelsey stood there and laughed hysterically because she was very familiar with Luke's cloak and obviously familiar with her mother's techniques at setting up a well thought scene.

Shae screamed and stood there frozen and shivering in her Welly's. Her face was priceless, frozen even after her screaming had ceased.

Addison and Meghan screamed in unison and took off running, their soccer training at it's best. They however, know the importance of always being prepared. Those two never dropped their luggage. They were racing down the road with the cases bumping and thumping right behind them. They looked as if the luggage was chasing them. It truly was my moment of greatness.

Tried and true OC girls are they.


1 comment:

  1. I just caught up with these posts...you are a very fun Mom!

    ReplyDelete