Tuesday, September 1, 2009

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

Last week I was hit in a parking lot . . . well Shae and I were in the Highlander when we were hit. A lady was backing out of a space and she clipped the driver's side rear bumper. If I had been a bit quicker she would have missed us, but alas, I was not.

Truth be told, I was praying that our car would be totaled. I hate the Highlander. I know, hate is a strong word, but I really do hate that car. I feel like the kids are on top of me when I drive the thing. Our old Expedition, now that was a beast. Loved that car . . . I was safe, above traffic and it was big. Bigger is better when referring to the cars I love. Seriously.

Scott took the Highlander in for an estimate. I was shocked. How can that little bumper cost $1,500.00 to repair. She really just tapped me. Her car was undamaged. She was driving a Suburban, another beast. Of course, I realize my best guess may have been a little low . . . ok, a lot low, but under the circumstances . . .

She contacted me and said she would rather just pay for the damage and not involve our insurance companies and asked what was the estimate. I was a little embarrassed when I said $1,500.00. There was silence.

She replied "I'll get in touch with my insurance company".


No comments:

Post a Comment