Thursday, September 10, 2009

OLIVE ON YOUR TOOTH

As you all know, Scott is responsible for small groups at our church.  This entails visiting many SG's to monitor what they are doing and answering questions they may have regarding their status.

One evening, he was hurrying around the house trying to get to a group.  I had a build your own taco evening meal, with sour cream, tortillas, cheese, hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, beans and black olives.  Scott quickly built his taco, sucked it down, kissed me good by and ran out the front door.

Later that evening, he returned, exhausted.

I noticed immediately that something was very wrong.  I asked him to smile again and right there on his front tooth was a black olive.

I asked him if he had more black olives at the group and he looked at me quizzically and said no.  I replied with humor in my voice.  "Oh my goodness!  You spent the whole evening with a black olive on your tooth!"

I wonder whatever happened to that group.

No comments:

Post a Comment