Sunday, September 6, 2009

FLOWERS

I love getting flowers. Especially my favorite, sunflowers. They convey happiness, humor, fun . . . all the positive emotions. They are not necessarily fragrant, but they are so colorful and eye-catching you can't help but smile when you see them.

Scott, as a general rule, doesn't buy me flowers very often. He would never admit to this, but I suspect he is probably to practical to purchase something that only lasts a week at best. Much better use of money to buy a gift that will last a bit longer, like perfume, that he may enjoy as well. However, he does surprise me occasionally.

Several times a year he arrives home from work with a beautiful bouquet. Roses, mums, daisies, babies breath, poinsettias and many others have graced our home. He always receives a huge hug, kiss and thank you as I prepare a vase for my gorgeous flora and fauna. He smiles his crooked smile knowing that I have already concluded what his day was like.

"Was the funeral nice?" I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment