Saturday, September 19, 2009

COOKIES

The Randolph side of the family lives in Salt Lake City and they love to come to the beach to visit the Roderick's.  We have such a grand time laughing, sharing stories and in general just being together.  As you well know, when you visit the Roderick's something absurd and/or insanely funny will surely happen.

This time was no different.  We went out to dinner at our favorite burger joint, In & Out, and had our fill of cheeseburgers, fries and shakes.  As usually happens, my dad starts telling tales of his youth and my girls are caught up in each and every word.  Dad is a great story teller.

We finished our meal and head home with distended bellies and happy hearts.  We relish the time we spend with the grandparents.  We all go inside and start bustling around, tidying up, doing dishes and start getting ready to sit down and watch some home videos, another favorite past time.

I had gone to Petco and picked up some doggie treats.   I love to fix up a cute little bag with paw prints and all tied up with ribbon, just to make it special for our beloved K-9's.  I set the bag on the counter and went to grab D. & D.   I try to encourage the pups to earn the treats by doing little tricks.  Low and behold, someone had already gotten into my bag.  I inquired of the children which one had done the dirty deed and no one would confess.

I glanced at my dad and he had a peculiar expression.  That was odd.  My dad has a great disposition and this just wasn't like him, something was off.  He turned his head slightly and said "It wasn't the girls who got into the doggie treats.  I ate one and thought you had bought the worst cookies ever."

It could only happen when the Randolph's visit the Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment