Tuesday, September 8, 2009

THE HURDLES

Occasionally, we love to get out of town with our good friends, the Hurdles. We enjoy their company so much that weekend getaways are not the same without a little Hurdle humor. They make us laugh, cry, cringe, frown, whatever. We've been to Kuaui, Las Vegas, Seattle and several small outings in between. One particular trip to Las Vegas always springs to mind when I think of our dear friends.

We jumped in the car after Structures (remember that?) on Wednesday evening and drove to Las Vegas. We chatted all the way and arrived around midnight. We said our good nights and went to our rooms . . . we were so tired that there would be no frivolity this starry twilight.

What Cherylynn and I didn't know was that the guys had a plan for the next night. They had brought along rose petals and were going to strategically place them around our respective rooms. I love the fragrance of roses and Scott uses that knowledge to his advantage repeatedly. Rose petals are relatively inexpensive, so he bought a huge bag and split it with Don.

Scott did himself proud on our room. There was a trail of rose petals leading to our bed and he tucked a few between the sheets and even in our shower. The aroma was intoxicating and I was thrilled.

The next morning at breakfast I couldn't wait to talk to Cherylynn about her rose petals. Scott had clued me in on the details that he and Don had arranged. I asked her if she had enjoyed her rose petal evening.

She looked at me with an vacant expression. I thought, oh my, she must not like roses. I explained to her what Scott had done to our room and she started to snicker. I then ascertained that Don had not followed the instructions Scott had given him. No, please, I didn't know if I wanted to hear what was coming.

Cherylynn simply smiled and said "I had a pile of rose petals in the middle of the bed".

1 comment:

  1. Some had fallen on the floor when we were done!

    Business Time

    ReplyDelete