Wednesday, September 23, 2009

PEARLS

I was pretty relaxed when it came to professional baby portraits of the girls.  I just preferred the candid shots that we took on the spur of the moment.  But when Hope was born I decided I wanted a special shot of our last little baby.  So I set up an appointment with a local photographer and I knew exactly what I wanted.

Scott stayed home with the older girls and enjoyed a fun filled daddy-daughter evening, while Hope and I headed to the studio.  She was about three months old and I wanted an "au natural" shot.

We arrived right on time and the photographer was ready to shoot.  I got Hope undressed except for a little pink hairband and a long strand of pearls that I placed around her strategically.  She was laying on her tummy on a white fur rug.   The shot was set up perfectly.  She had the pearls in her little chubby hands and was intently examining them. 

Oh no, she rolled over and I had to reposition her.  When doing this particular shot, the photographer said readjustments must be expected, as Hope displayed for me.  As I picked her up she tinkled all over everything.  I had my hands under her arms and was holding her straight out from me as she was spraying everywhere and she kept going all the while a faint little smile on her angelic face.  I don't know where all that urine was stored, but she let it all out, seriously.  Apparently, Hope had a rather strong opinion of the the pose I had selected. We had to stop shooting and I had to wipe everything down.

The line in the waiting area began to get longer and longer, but I was not going to miss this opportunity for the perfect picture.  The photographer told me not to be concerned and that this sort of thing happened all the time, but I suspected that he was trying to put me at ease. 

We did get the perfect pictures and Hope was really into those pearls.  Her facial expressions were priceless.

We start exhibiting Roderick behaviors at a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment