Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BACON AND BUTTER

My mom puts butter on everything . . . I mean everything.

The girls love to go to grammy's house because they can order anything they want for breakfast and my mom will make it for them hands down. Hey, she makes me what I want to, it's what she does and I milk it when I'm home.

Hope always wants toast and butter. That's her delight when we're in Utah. Why? Because Hope loves butter. She licks the butter off her toast and grammy puts more on. Her toast is so soggy by the time she finishes I have to leave the table . . . I can't watch.

My favorite is bacon and eggs, over easy. For some reason my mom's bacon tastes better than mine. I don't know why . . . I've tried her brand, watched her cook it and even purchased her brand of skillet. I can't do it. It's a mom thing.

Hope tried a piece of my bacon once and decided she liked it. She added a little something . . . butter on her bacon. She chowed down and I had to leave the table. Dry heaving and gagging.

I can hear another Roderick's arteries clogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment