Friday, September 25, 2009

MACE

Being a minister's family usually means that people are over at the old homestead often.  Don't get me wrong, I totally love it.  Many of our friends and family have "refrigerator rights".  You know what I'm talking about.  People who come into your home, go to the refrigerator, open the door, look in, take out and eat without verbal permission.  This goes along with "front door rights", come on in without knocking first.

A gal we used as a babysitter in Oregon had all the above rights.  LJ was so dependable and our girls had a great time with her.  She was a PK and totally got us.  She was in high school and very mature . . .

She was over one night to visit.  She had her car keys out and we were talking about all the stuff on her chain.  She had a little can of mace.  She asked me "what do you think this would do if I sprayed just a little".  As I was saying "no", she sprayed.  Just a little squirt.

Keep in mind that in Oregon we have a/c in the summer.  That little spritz was sucked up in the system and dispersed throughout the house.  We were all coughing and wheezing and had to run outside.  We spent the next hour running in and out until the mace was filtered out of the house.  Mace is very potent.  I don't ever want to experience that again.

Rule of thumb.  Don't let a PK test a theory out in your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment