Monday, September 28, 2009

VS

As you can imagine living in a house full of girls, we make several trips a year to one of our favorite stores . . . Victoria's Secret.  It's not just the store and all of the pretty things to buy, it's more of the atmosphere, the ambiance of romance and love that pricks our monetary hearts.

We walk through the front portal and are transported to an unlikely kingdom.  Our eyes scan the displays as we seek out our intended purchases.  Kelsey will saunter towards the practical and comfy.  Addison will lope over to the very girly and sexy.  Shae will meander to the romance, lace and sophistication.  Hope will always be found in the PINK.  Myself, I head straight for whatever is on sale. 

We browse, choose carefully, gather our items cautiously and the real show begins.  Each girl takes a dressing room.  Me, I purchase and go home and try items on.  No need for me to be depressed in VS with all that unflattering light.  I can always use an excuse to go back to the mall should I have items that need returning.

Garments are slopped over and under dressing room doors.  Comments are being flung at random.  I am trying to make all girls happy including the gal who was lucky enough to pull the Roderick girls as customers.

"Mom, this bra is to small.  I am spilling out.  Can you get me a bigger size?" "Mom, I said extra small, not small." "Mom, can you get that girl to come measure me again.  I think my boobs are bigger?" "Mom, I really want those lacy panties.  Do you think an extra small or small?" "Mom, can I please try on that night gown.  I don't think it's too revealing?" "Mom, when do I get to wear thongs?"  "Mother, are you really buying that?"  "Mom does my butt look big in the PJ bottoms?" "Mom, will you really wear that in front of anyone?"  You all get the word picture I am trying to paint, right?  People in the store actually stop to watch our reality play itself out.

Once our selections have been made, we head to check-out and the glorious pink bags.  I pull out my precious VS charge card.  Excursions such as this need to be executed with precision.  I smile weakly as the total is placed in front of me.  I find I can not catch my breath as I realize we are going to have to take out a small business loan to pay for our fun.  I sign and we are off to our next destination.

Scott sits alone on a bench in the mall wondering how did this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment