Saturday, September 12, 2009

MARCIA

Kelsey was two when she really took off talking.  She was very verbal and people could actually understand her most of the time.  We were at the mall shopping for Easter dresses when she started talking about this woman named Marcia.

Now, I had no idea who this Marcia was and kept asking Kelsey about her.  Kelsey said to me "You know mama, Marcia, you know".  This was getting frustrating.  Who is this lady?

Easter was closing in on us and Kelsey just kept talking about Marcia.  We colored Easter eggs together and Kelsey kept saying "Marcia will love these".  I just didn't understand it.  Who is this woman and what does she know about my daughter.  It was freaking me out.

Easter eve Kelsey was all smiles when I tucked her into her little bed.  She smiled and said "Tomorrow, mama, Marcia is coming".  I still couldn't figure this one out.  Weird.  I had finally decided this gal must be someone from church that Kelsey had met in the nursery.  Kelsey knew it was an important day at church and she must expect Marcia to be there.  I really didn't have any other clues.

Easter morning we had to get up very early because our church had a sunrise service.  Kelsey raced out to find her Easter basket and was so excited as she exclaimed "Marcia came, she came."

Apparently, Kelsey was on a first name basis with the Easter bunny.

1 comment:

  1. This is the Kelsy I remember. Thank you for your blog. I have laughed so hard. It is exactly what I have needed. The last few weeks have been really blue in my world. You are a light! I think I can hear you laugh too! God Bless you, Scott snd the girls.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete