Saturday, September 19, 2009

PUPPY WALK

I have a routine. I walk with a bunch of friends three days a week. It's good for mind, spirit and body and I love my time on the road, so to speak.

Today Addison and Gamble walked with us.

Now Adds is not known for her patience and Gamble is known to smell everything in sight when she walks. Gamble is also unacustomed to walking long distances. She is only 5 months old and Kelsey takes her on short walks instead of the monster walks we do down here in SoCal. This was going to be an adventure.

Now our walk down to the beach was uneventful. Gamble kept up and did do some smelling, but generally, she didn't annoy Addison. We stopped at Starbucks for our typical caffeine hit and revived, began our return.

Gamble decided to poo again, her alotted bag already used and disposed of, so I found a cup that someone had tossed. Hey, I do my part for the environment. Picked up trash and used it to pick up poop. It was a twofer.

So, we're walking and chatting and Gamble is getting tired. Adds picked her up a couple of times, but she kept wanting back down so Adds would release her. I am not paying much attention when suddenly, out of my peripheral vision, I see Gamble. Something is wrong, her leash is to tight.

Yeh, Gamble is laid out completely and Adds is now dragging her down the street. Literally pulling her down the street on her side, no leg action whatsoever. Addison does not feel the tension on the leash because she is so wrapped up in conversation.

Hey, it you ever what to take your dog out for a drag, call a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment