Monday, September 14, 2009

RATS

Addison was about 4 years old when she started having accidents again . . . toileting accidents. I couldn't figure out what the problems was. She had been toilet taught since she was 2 1/2 years old. What is going on?

Being the involved mother that I am, I decided it was time for a serious chat. I sat her on the potty and I sat on the floor and started the interogation. It went something like this.

Mama: "Explain to mama why you are not going on the potty anymore."
Addison: Silence.
Mama: "Can't you tell mama what's wrong?"
Addison: Silence, but looking behind her into the toilet.
Mama: "Why are you looking in the toilet?"
Addison: "Because that's where the rats live."

Now this was a revelation. There had been construction going on in the field next to our cul-de-sac and it had displaced the local rat population. We could hear rats occasionally under our house and had contacted Vector Control to deal with the issue.

Mama: "How do you know rats live in the toilet?"
Addison: "Because Kelsey said they crawl up and will bite my bottom when I go potty."
Mama: "Kelsey was kidding you. Rats don't live in the toilet."
Addison: "I no like Kelsey."

And there you have it. Mystery solved.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man - did Kelsey talk to Jack??? Is that why it took us so long to get him to go poop in the potty? : )

    ReplyDelete