Thursday, September 10, 2009

IT'S ME OH LORD

Once again, Addison was the one who challenged me.

I had a jewelry box in our bedroom that was never to be touched by small hands. The girls knew that they were not to play with it unless I was with them. I would pick out pieces that they could use and then replace said pieces when they finished dazzling each other. It was a very special activity saved for those times when I needed to interest them in something quiet.

I was busy in the kitchen and the girls were in the dorm (we called their bedroom the dorm because all 3 girls shared it). Or, so I thought all 3 girls were in the dorm.

It got awfully quiet and that always means trouble in a house full of kids. I went to check on the miniature disturbers of the peace and Addison was not there. And where was she . . . that's right, in our bedroom playing with the jewelry box that is never to be touched.

I promptly told her to go to the family room and sit on the couch while I thought about what to do with her. Discipline and Addison were always a tricky combination and I needed time to contemplate my options.

As I was sitting on the bed weighing my choices, I heard a faint, angelic voice drifting from the family room.

"It's me, it's me, it's me, oh Lord, standing in the need of prayer . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment