Sunday, September 27, 2009

WAGON

Shae and Hope were outside playing on a beautiful spring day.  I was doing childcare at the time, so Nathan was here as well and they were all in the driveway with all the childhood equipment.  You know what I'm talking about . . . bikes, wagons, shovels, skateboards, etc.  I was in and out doing laundry, so I was able to check on them quite frequently.

I had just gone in to get another load when I heard blood curdling screams coming from the front yard.  I ran down stairs just as the door flew open and Nathan and Shae came in with terror in their eyes.  I ran out the door and what I saw was so funny I nearly collapsed from laughter.

Picture this.  Hope is sitting in the wagon silent screaming while two lovable labradors are licking her from top to toe.  They had gotten out of the neighbors back yard and just come by to say "hello".  Shae and Nathan were quick at escaping those doggie tongues, but Hope was to slow.  She was in the middle of a slobber fest.

I ran over and plucked her out of the wagon.  Now that she was in safe arms, she was ready to pet the dogs and Shae and Nathan wasted no time in joining her.  Apparently when a grown-up is present canines are no longer scary.

Always be prepared while visiting the Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment