Sunday, February 7, 2010

WIND

I love to go to bed early and read, every night, since we've been married. Scott seems to forget this and in a very sarcastic way, shows me his annoyance with my activity.

He comes to bed, sighs, and puts on this red eye mask so he can sleep. He claims he can not sleep while I read because of the light. Right.

Scott also has a hearing thing. He is always asking me to repeat what people say . . . movies, seminars, dinners. I get tired of it and I suggest he get those ears checked out.

Last night when he came to bed the wind was howling outside and the rain was gently falling. He gets in bed and performs his ritual. I ask in a serious tone "Can you hear that wind? It must be coming down out there." He looks at me with one side of the eye mask pulled up and says "What wind?" He can't sleep with the light on but noise doesn't bother him. It didn't make sense to me.

He replaced his mask and turned over as I purposely mumbled. He rips off his mask and says "I can understand you. You are trying to punk me." I was and he didn't bite.

No more guilt for me. You can hear and you can sleep with the light on dear.

1 comment: