Sunday, August 1, 2010

ADDISON'S BIG DAY

It all started on a Sunday night when Scott was preaching at a small church in Utah. I was having some Braxton-Hicks contractions, no big. He mentioned in the pulpit that if he tore out of there unexpectedly a baby would be arriving soon after. He was watching my face from the platform.

He finished, without interruption, and we went out to dinner with my dad and mom. I asked if they could take Kelsey home with them because my contractions were getting a little stronger and I thought it might be a long night. No worries and off they went with a very excited Kelsey.

We went home, kicked off the shoes and sat down to enjoy a Star Trek rerun. Yep, I started pacing, a sure sign I am uncomfortable. We called the parentals to tell them we were on our way to the hospital, about 11:30pm.

This was the 2nd Roderick so we were in no hurry as we meandered through the quiet streets of Salt Lake City. We arrived, went in and I immediatley ordered an epidural. I did not want to handle any more labor and I knew what was coming.

Uhh, no I didn't.

The epidural did not catch up with my contractions rendering me in a very bad and painful mood. Addison was born 45 minutes after we got to the hospital. No episiotomy and fortunately no tears. She was 6 pounds and 13 ounces and was 19 inches long. She actually could not wait to get out and start strutting her stuff.

And she is still strutting to this day. Happy birthday Addison Opal Roderick.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I just googled episiotomy - just another reason why i am NEVER having kids!

    ReplyDelete