Sunday, August 15, 2010

BABY DOLL

If you keep up with the family blog you know that last week we cleaned out Hope's bedroom. She gave us no grief about what to keep and what to throw away because, well, she was up at camp and had no choice. Believe me, we threw out a lot of junk.

One of the items we chose to keep was a baby doll that was given to her by her nana. I have to admit that doll had seen better days. She had been scalped, bald with glue marks, but she still had her hair, er, wig. She was also missing a foot. I know not where that ended up. She did have one thing going for her, though, she was sparkling clean.

We didn't know what to do with her so we left her on Hope's go through box. Hope said she no longer wanted to keep her. Frankly, she was kind of creepy looking. Kind of a "Chuckie" looking doll. The girls all were a bit distraught by this particular toy. Hmm, I could use this to my advantage.

The young Roderick girls were out last night doing various activities. Me . . . I strategically placed the doll on the front porch in a chair, her hair gently slipping off the back of her head and her foot still missing, to greet them when they got home. That doll has a manacing grin and in the dim porch light, well, you get the picture. I just wish I had a security camera to catch their individual reactions when they saw the "doll".

What fun it is to be a Roderick parental unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment