Saturday, August 7, 2010

EGGPLANT PARMESAN

Scott makes the best eggplant parmesan hands down. I don't even try to make it anymore because he has spoiled me with his finesse.

I had to work today so he promised to make his delightful dish and I was a happy camper, not only because it is one of my favorite but also because I didn't have to plan dinner. He shared with me that he would make and bake, go to church, meet up with me there to return home for our scrumptious meal.

After picking up the Treehouse and finding Scott, we stopped at Lucci's to pick up some garlic bread and headed home. No kids, just us, a little italian and a soccer game. Perfect.

I entered the house to a delightful aroma, albiet at little strong, but none the less delightful. As I made my way to the kitchen, releasing the puppies from their kennel and out the back door, I heard a familiar noise. The oven fan was on which meant the oven was still on . . . hmm. He forgot to turn it off when he left, so I went over to do just that. I peeked in to make sure it was empty.

There in the center of the oven was our yummy eggplant parmesan, burnt beyond recognition.

Sigh. The garlic bread was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment