Thursday, September 9, 2010

IT'S A 50'S THING: #10

Shae wanted to switch cars with us so she and her friends could drive down to San Diego for the day in one vehicle. We had no problem with that and gave her the keys. I walked out to the car with her chatting away and enjoying a beautiful SoCal morning.

Shae unlocked the car and got in to start her long journey. She looked at me with a face that could only mean horror. She began complaining about the smell in our car. "What happened in here . . . what is that awful smell . . . what died in here? I can not take this car to San Diego. My friends would pass out before we got out of HB." Those were the frantic words escaping her mouth.

"I don't know honey, Dad drove the car to work this morning." Enough said.

I don't know what that man, whom I love, eats, but we should bottle that aroma and contact national security. It could be used as a weapon of mass destruction.

1 comment: