Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SHAE AND WHOLE FOODS

A couple of weeks ago, as I got ready to leave for work, Shae came in and asked me to go to the new Whole Foods Store at Bella Terra with her. I was very excited to check it out and Shae had been talking to friends about all these new healthy eating stores that were opening. "Are you sure it is open?" She said she was positive so we hopped in the car and took off for Bella.

We chatted about all the good food and fun we were going to have. We arrived and it looked strange to me. "Are you sure Shae? I don't think it's open."

"Mom, I know what I'm doing. It is open. Now help me find a parking space." Being the loving and trustful mother that I am I believed her whole heartedly and started looking for a space.

As we drove through the lot I kept looking at the store. It was not open. I was sure of it, but I kept my mouth shut as a good mother does when she's setting a trap. As we drove around the back we peeked in an open window. There were not even fixtures inside the place. I glanced at Shae and she just said "I know Mom."

Oh Shae, it's going to be a while before Whole Foods opens, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment