Friday, July 2, 2010

A MAN

Our last day of Preschool VBS. We had a great week talking about Samuel and today Samuel became a man. Teaching 230 preschoolers is a task that seems insurmountable, but God is faithful and we pulled it off stupendously.

It is always interesting to hear concepts described by little ones. I asked the kids to describe what a man is and here are several of their well thought out answers.

They watch TV.
They are grumpy.
They are bald.
They are strong.
They are big.
They take care of their kids.
They go to work.
They are hairy.
They have beards.
They have short hair.
They wear clothes.
They wear pants.
They love girls.

I followed these phrases with some of my own, the most important being that he loves God, just like Samuel loved God.

Jake, our children's ministry intern, was my man example and he was awesome. He loves God and he did some "man stuff" for us that was great. The kids loved him!

I think I may miss PVBS . . . but there is always next year.

1 comment:

  1. Kaleb was praying tonight and he said, "thank you for VBS" he loved it and I love that we are lucky enough to belong to a church with such amazing programs for children!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete