Saturday, July 30, 2011

SCARED SHAE

I was checking on a cobbler in oven earlier this evening when Shae comes up and says "Look at my face." As I turned towards her I scream in sheer terror (hey, you know I love scaring my girls, you've heard the stories). She jumps back, does a two step kind of thing, screams back at me, flailing her arms around and runs toward the vegetable sink. Here's the thing . . . she does all of this at the same time. I am not kidding.

We laughed so hard we created snorting, silence, wetting of one's pants and sheer delight.

By the way, the cobbler was yummy. A Roderick recipe.

Peach Cream Cobbler

2 cups flour 8-10 ripe peaches or 3 large cans
2 tablespoons sugar 1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter 4 egg yolks
1 pint whipping cream

Sift flour, sugar and salt together. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into 9x13 pan. Peel and slice peaches and cover crust. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over top. Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Mix egg yolks into whipping cream. Pour over peaches and bake another 30 minutes or until firm and a toasted light brown. Serve with whipping cream drizzled over top or ice cream works well too. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment