Friday, April 27, 2012

EASTER EGGS

I ran into a favorite candy store the other day to pick up Easter eggs for the family, a Roderick tradition of sorts.  I was browsing through the store, simply enjoying the aroma, when a tussle broke out.

Two rather large ladies, spilling out of their respective clothing, were annoyed that the counter person was not helping them.  It was rather busy because of the holiday and several cashiers were fervantly aiding several people with their purchases.

The women of color seemed to think they were being neglected on purpose and started dropping verbage about racial profiling.  They issued a stern warning to persons behind the counter that if they weren't served immediatley a law suit would soon follow.

I waited, got my eggs and scurried out of the store.  It made me sad to think we live in a world where you can throw a little hoohaw and everyone scurries to do ones bidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment