Saturday, April 28, 2012

BEADS

Today was my return to the Treehouse after 2 weeks of vaca.  I was anxious to get back up there and get my routine rolling once again.

I stepped into my backstage workroom and was totally floored.  It was as if someone had grabbed the space and gave it a couple of good shakes.  Stuff was everywhere, which is not unusual after Don has subbed for me, and I was shocked.  It had never been this bad.  The most sinister act of destruction was the "buzzie" beads.  It looked as if someone had taken handfulls and tossed them in the air just to watch where they land.  I can not relate my feelings at that moment.

I knew exactly what had happened.  Don had allowed the patients to run the assylum.  He had permitted children to be in the workroom unsupervised and running amuck.

I stewed and fussed all afternoon as I thought about the chaos he created.  It took me almost 3 hours to repair the destruction.  I almost swallowed a Xanex to calm my frazzled nerves.

As I relayed the story to the kids during our time together, of course blaming Don, one young fellow said "Dandy Don wasn't back there, Miss Cindy.  My sister and I were building buzzies."

Wait.  What.  Don was not responible.  How could this be?  It's always a crap shoot when he is covering a weekend.  He always makes a mess somewhere.  And yet this kid was telling me a very different tale.

Yeah.  The culprits happened to be Jack & Hope.  Kurt's kids.  Kurt is my boss.  Yep.  Chalk one up for assumptions.

Roderick.  It's what I do.

(today (Sunday) another little girl came up and said she was back making "buzzies" as well.   I surmise, calmly, that my first assumption was indeed correct.  Curse you Don Norman (you have to say this with a wicked accent)


No comments:

Post a Comment