Sunday, April 1, 2012

APRIL FOOLS

We had a great time in the Treehouse today. Let me share with you what I did.

We do a little something up there called the "Giving Basket" which is basically old school offering. The kids take turns being the usher of the basket which consists of grabbing it off the platform and making sure it gets passed around so that all have the opportunity to contribute. Today, however right next to the basket, I strategically placed a wee pile of fake doggie dodo.

I started sniffing and glancing around, asking the kids if they smelled something funny. One child inevitably spied the "present" and started sounding the alarm for all to hear.

After the ensuing chaos was calmed I gave them the big "April Fool's". Nothing is better than the laughter of a child.

For those of you concerned about your child's Christian education, today was also Palm Sunday and we covered that as well with reference to Luke 19:30-36. Two holidays for the price of one. You gotta love that!

Roderick. It's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment