Thursday, June 3, 2010

BACKSTAGE BUZZIES

I know. I must be crazy. But it's for all those sweet little Treehouse angels. They love them. They beg for them. They all want them.

That's right. I'm talking about those cute artistic buzzies made from Perler Beads. Actually, they are pictures created by placing tiny little beads on tiny little pegs to form tiny images that can be transformed into magnets, necklaces, rear view mirror dangles, etc. Once the picture is created they are melted with an iron so they stay intact. I have made them for years and those kids never tire of them.

I must admit, though, I have become a little addicted to these little trinkets. I now feel I am compelled to explain why.

I love to sneak backstage in the Treehouse, sit down at my little table and spend quiet time with just me and the buzzies. I have my time with God, time with me and time to just spend praying for each child that steps through the Treehouse doors every weekend. I may not know all their names but I do pray for each and every one. That's why I always want to know how many kids I have up there every weekend. At least then I can pray for them in mass.

I use my time backstage as a two fold ministry. One spent with me and Jesus and one spent connecting Jesus and the kids. As far as I can tell it is working out wonderfully for all three of us.

Who knew something so simple could be part of the spiritual journey for several generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment