Thursday, June 3, 2010

STAINED GLASS

I admit it. I am not drawn to the arts. I am more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl. I was exposed to dance, theater and music as a child. I just didn't embrace any of them. My brain did not absorb the artistic side of life. Having said that, I will admit that I have been uncharacteristically launched in to our new chapel.

The stained glass has enchanted me. I have browsed through the construction, rubble and glances from the workers just to catch a glimpse of the sun glistening through the spiritual glass. I have meditated alone and with others about what significance each glass pane represents. I have tried to discover pieces that once graced the former chapel and have been transported to the new. The color scheme, the thoughts provoked and the spirit speaking have all dazzled not only my eyes but my heart as well.

The glass, has in a sense, convicted me to think on the Word and not just read it. To enjoy the Word and not just endure it. To embrace the Word not just invoke it. That simple stained glass has taught me that symbols can and do allow one to grow in the most unexpected ways.

Perhaps something different for a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment