Thursday, June 3, 2010

OOPS!

I never, and I truly mean never, know what I am going to walk into when I arrive home from a busy day. I leave the house in a relatively clean, safe environment with instructions on what should happen while I am out. Easy. Not so much.

Today when I left, all were home, present and accounted for including the king of the domain. King Scott was working on the fireplace, Shae and Hope were eagerly completing their homework and Addison was getting ready to make an appearance at Jack's. A harmless scenario.

I got home around 4:00pm after having been absent for about 3 hours. What could possibly happen in 3 hours? You don't know us very well if you have to asked that question.

I walk into the aroma of paint, which isn't alarming because Scott was supposed to be painting the interior of fireplace. Next, I see furniture moved about. "What did you do?" I calmly inquire. His reply "Do you see a line?" Normally that is not the greeting I desire. "No, I don't. What happened?"

Apparently he decided to spray paint the interior of the fireplace. He had the plastic down . . . just not enough. Overspray on our 3 year old beautiful tile. It happened right after I left and he had been cleaning ever since. No ledge rock. No sticky cement. No further progress on the job at hand.

I wanted that fireplace finished and the new TV up and running for the World Cup. Perhaps it is a hollow dream.

At the Roderick house one never knows.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the paint off? I can just SEEEEE his China face :)

    ReplyDelete