Thursday, June 3, 2010

BLOGGING YEAR ONE

My goal was to do one blog a day. I thought it was doable. I knew I had plenty of material. My writing was adequate. I had the motivation to make it happen. I had never tackled anything like it before. It was an adventure. All Roderick's like an adventure.

Well look at me now. I am so addicted.

This is one of my favorite times of the day. I get to take the laptop and retire to our bedroom and type away the hours. I get to remember stories about the girls. I get to relate tales of journeys taken. I get to crawl up into the arms of memories and soak them in. I get to experience a few tears and I get to laugh, belly laugh. Our lives are good.

It will be so valuable to me when I am old and grey. I can take out the computer, or what ever we are using in the year 2030, and read comforting words about our lives as a big family. It is a history. It is a memoir. It is a record. It is a book.

A very personal journal of our family that I will treasure and pass down to subsequent Roderick generations.

Another nifty perk is that I get to share it with you.

Sidebar: I started blogging on August 17, 2010 and as of today I have 334 entries, some still in drafted and not yet published. So, if I am doing the math correctly, I am ahead of the curve. Yea!

1 comment:

  1. um... its not august 2010 yet....
    BLOND.

    love youuu,
    hopeee

    ReplyDelete