Wednesday, June 2, 2010

CURIOUS

Scott and I were discussing the merits of driving a camper to the state beach, which by the way closes at 10:00pm, and sitting in said camper watching TV at 9:00pm. I think it is curious that people will actually do that sort of thing and enjoy it.

We have some very dear friends who love to experience this extreme activity. They own a cozy RV with all the amenities. They enjoy going "camping" on all the big holidays. Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and several others will find them all set to spend some quality family time together that may or may not include friends. They pull up to the state run beach and set up their home sweet home away from home. Or they make it a sweeter road trip and take off for a beach that is about an hour away. Pull the rig into another camp site and again enjoy the ocean breeze with the family home on wheels.

I find it curious that both of these getaways are right next to extremely busy cement trails. Now, when I say right next to, I mean right next to, like you can see racing cars before your squinting eyes. I-5 and Pacific Coast Highway are the highways, or shall I say camping spots, of choice.

So much for peace and quiet. Still they are away from "home". So let the relaxation begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment