Monday, November 16, 2009

DOVES

Doves are not known as the smartest of God's creatures. Case in point.

I was driving up Beach Blvd. after picking up Scott and some of our friends from an afternoon at the beach. Kelsey and Kendra were in the middle seat and Scott and Mike were in the back and one of the other Roderick girls was in the passenger seat.

There were two doves sitting in the middle lane as we were zipping up the road. I kept thinking they were going to take flight. As I heard the thump, thump I realized that did not happen and I checked my rear view mirror to see hundreds of feathers flying out the back of the expedition. I had never hit any animal before and I felt bad but there was absolutely nothing I could have done. Traffic on Beach was congested that day and at that time.

Everyone in the back seats had turned around and were checking out the view because they realized that the birds were now history. Scott and Mike were busting a gut laughing. Kelsey and Kendra had burst into tears and were reading me the riot act for committing murder. I couldn't believe those dumb birds did not fly away. The lone Roderick in the passenger seat was dead silent.

We are Roderick's . . . it is, once again, what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment