Saturday, November 21, 2009

TWILIGHT

The Twilight Saga is the hottest thing in a teenage girl's mind these days. I am not ashamed that it is also on my mind as I loved the books and suspect I will love all the movies. I remember last year Shae and I went to the 12:01 am showing. And yes, we were in line at 4:00 pm.

I took my knitting and listened in on conversations in the line. Shae and I chatted about the books, her friends, Christmas ideas and school. Shae waited in line while I went to grab a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I waited in line while she went to visit with her friends. It was a very special time that the two of us got to enjoy together.

I also wanted her to remember the time we spent with one another. I gave her a bracelet similar to the one Edward and Jacob gave to Bella. Two charms, a crystal (couldn't afford the diamond) and a sterling silver wolf (couldn't carve a wooden wolf) was attached to the links on the bracelet. As time goes on, perhaps I will add other memories to that charm bracelet that she will hold close to her heart.

This year while waiting in line for "New Moon" I gave each of the girls a bookmark with the characters from the movie we were about to see etched on them. Shae and Hope were able to share the experience with their mother. I cherish the time with our girls. Each of them brings a special sparkle to my life.

Perhaps when "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" come out, Addison and Kelsey will be able to join us. I would love for that to happen. I shall see if I can arrange that on their social calendar.

I am so happy they are all Roderick's.

No comments:

Post a Comment