Tuesday, November 10, 2009

SO WRONG

I saw something the other day that was so wrong on so many levels it is hard to believe what my eyes were actually seeing.

I was driving down Main St. by Seacliff Village and HBHS and I saw a lady waiting at the bus stop. This in itself is not unusual. What happened next was unusual. Please understand that this event took seconds to occur, but it takes a little more time to write in black and white and for you to read it.

The woman had turned around and was bending over the bus stop bench. Keep in mind that she was in her sixties, had long waist length grey hair and was wearing a very short skirt. I could not believe it, but she had on a thong and her skirt was so short that nothing was left to my imagination. She may as well have been commando. I was so shocked I had to keep staring to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing.

I like to think of myself as being pretty tolerant of one's clothing choices. This, however, was beyond my ability to accept. What was this woman thinking? Couldn't she feel the breeze up her back? Didn't she realize that you can not bend over while wearing a short skirt bare legged? Did she forget how old she was? I spent many hours pondering these questions and evaluating my own choices for attire.

Please, if I ever wear anything inappropriate, for the love of God, inform me quickly before I meet the same fate as that woman at the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment